We are a team of former Open Mesh engineers, some of whom started with Open Mesh since the very early days, but decided to leave the company during the time of the Datto acquisition.
In October 2018, some long standing Open Mesh customers reached out to us to explain the situation Open Mesh left them in after changing their original business model and calling us back into action. Since then we have worked hard to provide an alternative that delivers on all the main aspects everybody always loved about Open Mesh products: its ease of use and low cost.
Over the last months other former Open Mesh employees started to join in this effort: Plasma Cloud was born.
Right from the start, Plasma Cloud strived to build a low latency and clutter-free cloud management system for your entire network, specifically built to make it easy to deploy, scale and manage from anywhere at anytime, with a minimal learning curve.
This is finally possible thanks to the freshly published dashboard (inspired by Open Mesh’s Cloudtrax), now available for public testing at https://console.plasma-cloud.com.
To provide former Open Mesh customers with a smooth transition, the Plasma Cloud team ensured that the most important functionalities are already delivered within this very first public release, most notably:
- Importing Cloudtrax networks with settings, APs and splashpages
- Supporting Open Mesh hardware on Plasma Cloud after firmware upgrade
- Grouping networks into organisations managed under the same account
- Simple network overview with map
- Detailed APs and clients tables sortable by SSID & time period
- Interactive APs and clients traffic charts able to display data usage patterns over the last month
- Real-time AP online/offline status reporting
Striving for continuous improvement, our developers are constantly working on the dashboard and its back-end at high pace, with several exciting new features already in the works and more scheduled to start development in the following months.
Are you a distributor and you would like to use the Plasma Cloud infrastructure for your customers? Contact us now! We are open to new partnerships and collaborations.